Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Church



I was thinking yesterday about all the things I’ve learned coming home from church. I wanted to write a series of notes related to the main points of the Sunday sermons from the scribbling I took. That is usually what I do...I take notes of every sermon I listen to. Then on the way home my wife Sandy and I, almost without exception, have these great discussions about the truths of the message and how they apply to our lives. We’re either very happy or very sad by the time we get to our lunch.

Here are a few of the last messages that stand out to me.

·        
Thankfulness - We need a thanksgiving list!

·         The Truth from Daniel - Stuff ain’t enough but God is enough
                                         - The truth ain’t easy but it is necessary

·         God has three requirements - they’re simple but not easy...act justly...love mercy...walk humbly with your God!

·         Resurrection - the offer is too good! The resurrection was rational, personal, and intentional!

The Word of God is clear as to our approach to scripture...The Apostle Paul wrote to young Timothy a clear encouragement about the Bible. Study he exhorted... meditate...to be able to understand the scripture correctly. I find the best way for me to follow that direction is to involve myself in the local church. Find a good bible study...a pastor who rightly divides the scripture...a fellowship of believers (church) that practice the whole of scripture.

Let it be said...that it is good for us to go to church! ...and “all God’s children said...Amen!

Our culture has changed and Social Ministry provides a great opportunity for you and your Church to reach more people than ever before.  Utilizing modern innovations with the GospelMaxx Social Media and Online Reputation tools your church body can spread the gospel message, as well as communicate your church's vision where your audience is looking.

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information on GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.

No comments:

Post a Comment