Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Taqa


Taqa is a Hebrew word I learned a long time ago. I was in attendance at a revival at First Baptist Church in DeRidder, Louisiana. Pastor Ken Freeman was preaching and man he was bringing the Word! This was always the way Ken preached...it made for a very uncomfortable service. Mainly because what he shared tore at the heart of a compromised Christian life.

That strange little Hebrew word has stuck with me for more than 20 years. Why you ask? The word means to “strike a blow” or “to pledge oneself”. The message was simple yet pointed...pledge oneself to Christ and strike a blow against the world. More to the point the word compelled one to strike a blow against their Devil! As I think about those days, I remember thinking how relevant, how timely, and how important that message was for me and for the world I lived in at the time.

I cannot help but realize that the same truth is very applicable today. As a member of the Church, I think we all need to recommit ourselves to Christ. We need to choose Him as our Lord and Savior. I would venture to say that those of us who have made that choice need to revitalize our commitment to Christ and intentionally strike a blow against the evil one.

God’s Word is not slack concerning this request. In 1 Peter 5:8-10 the instructions are clear and the result comforting. We are to be sober minded, be ever vigilant and to know thy enemy, resist the devil and stay firm in our faith! What’s so comforting is that our God who is so gracious, the One who has anchored our eternity, that same God will strengthen and establish us!

I’m not sure about you, but as for me...I’m convinced the time to strike is today!  Taqa!... say it with me... Taqa! ... and all God’s children said...Amen!

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information about GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.

No comments:

Post a Comment