Thursday, June 14, 2018

God is Calling You


Oh my goodness...do you remember the awesome bible story of Zaccheus. Now... I do, but I bet it may be for a different reason than you...or than most of you. You see growing up...I began to realize something...I was different than most of my friends. They were very tall, very big and would tower over me. Especially on the basketball court. You might say, I realized I was a wee little man. Or in the current vernacular...I was short. As a matter of fact today I top out at 5’5” and that’s usually on the colder days.

So Zack became one of my instant biblical heroes...mainly because I identified with his problem. As I grew older I realized I really was a lot closer to him than I first thought. You see I was a seeker of truth. I wanted to know this one they called Jesus. Once I met Jesus and repented...I sought to apologize to all those who I cheated or sinned against. This was Zaccheus! He needed salvation from a corrupt system that seemed to fit who he was. We know he was successful in it because the Bible says he was wealthy. Jesus, the savior, was seeking Him out....just like He is seeking you and me.
Zaccheus had no way of knowing that...I’m sure he thought he was seeking Jesus. Scripture tells us however that Jesus chose him from the crowd....remember the little Sunday school song...

Zaccheus was a wee, little man,
And a wee, little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree,
For the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior came that way,
He looked up in the tree,
And he said,"Zaccheus, you come down from there,"
For I'm going to your house today.
For I'm going to your house today.



Could it be He’s seeking you today....could it be he’s calling you out of the tree of circumstances you’re in...Could be! I love these two verses from the Bible...

“And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." - Luke 19:9-10 Suddenly it occurs to me Zaccheus became a very big man because of his choice to follow Jesus...and so am I...and so can you be...if you choose Jesus...and all God’s children said Amen!

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information about GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.

No comments:

Post a Comment