Friday, June 15, 2018

Which Way


Many years ago after first becoming a fanatic of Jesus...I, with the help of my life mentor Tim Cooper...purchased my first candy apple red Ford F-150. I’ll never forget that truck and I’ll never forget those first days of being in love with Jesus. One of the symbols of the Jesus movement was the hand pointing heavenward and exclaiming One Way! I purchased a sticker and placed it dead center of my cabs back glass. Yes, I was so cool. Yes, I really believed what that sticker represented. However, I didn’t live like I did.  My actions in public did not reflect my true beliefs!

One of the great truths that Tim Cooper taught me was that believing and living life sometimes are two different things.  Man, if I knew then what I know now...I would have never looked another way for direction. I suspect many of us would say the same thing. You see, what I’ve learned, albeit the hard way, is that Jesus and His teachings are and have been the best way!  They really are the only way.


As I look back with my 20-20 vision, I can see how God placed Tim in my life at pivot points to help point me back to Jesus. Pointing me and encouraging me to follow the guidance of God...you know “the Way”. Many times as I have traveled the hi-ways and byways of this nation and come across the various signs on the road...I am clearly reminded of the best sign I have ever known...One Way Jesus!
With a smile on my face, I realize there is not a day in my life when I am not thankful for my life friend Tim Cooper and his gentle way of turning me again and again so that I would follow the right way. Obviously, even now, I am reminded...it’s time to give Him a call and express the thanks I have in my heart for his ever present influence.


I am reminded of a favorite passage of scripture that I learned while in fellowship at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in DeRidder under the pastorate of Bro. Logan Skiles. “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:1-6) Truth...He is “the only way” to love, joy, and peace! I suggest you choose Him and live these things...and all God’s children said Amen!

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information on GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.


No comments:

Post a Comment