Friday, June 22, 2018

If God could...


One of the greatest stories in the Bible, and if I may add; there are many...is the story we affectionately call “the story of the three Hebrew Children”. By the way, you should read the Bible and open your mind, heart and soul to this and all the incredible Bible stories. These stories are truly another one of Gods greatest gifts to us as they reveal so much of His love and concern. As you dig into the riches of each story, I promise you will discover golden nuggets to hang on to. These nuggets are truly some of my greatest joys. They never leave me...they ride along with me in life’s journey and at various points in my experience, those nuggets bubble to the top and enrich my life.
In this story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, lies one of the greatest discoveries I’ve ever found in the whole of scripture.


We drop into the scene from Daniel Chapter 3 and we find that these three were thrown into a fiery furnace by the King. Their crime was they refused to bow down to the king’s image. This is one of those stories that we love...you know the ones with a happy ending. We find the three are preserved from harm and the king sees four men walking in the flames and “the fourth” was the “son of God”. The Bible says they were removed from the fire and didn’t even smell like smoke. Totally unharmed. Wow! What a story!! As cool as that is...no pun intended...it’s not the best part to me.
The most awesome part to this story, to me, happens before they are thrown into the fire...check it out. “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.

If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up." (Daniel 3:16-18 ESV) Did you catch it...whew! Come on... its right there...lol! OK...those three men were so confident in God...they told the King...it makes no matter, whether God chooses to deliver us from the fire or to the fire...we will not bow to your idol. What?? What kind of faith is that? Facing apparently what most people consider the most horrible way to die...they remained unfazed in their commitment and dedication to the one true God.

So many times in my life...I’ve met apparent disaster...and no matter what...I’m always reminded of the stand that those young men took that day. I would like to say, I have that kind of faith...that no matter if God delivers me from the disaster or to the disaster, I will always have complete confidence in Him. I would suggest only a right relationship with God can produce such faith...can produce such a life...can produce such a victory!! If God could guide those three Hebrew children...I promise He will guide you...He is willing to deliver all of us and because of that truth nugget... all God’s children said amen!

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information about GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.

No comments:

Post a Comment