Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ready For Take Off


Do you remember the old tune by John Denver; “l’m Leaving on a Jet Plane”? It was a big hit for him back in the day.

I must admit I can’t help but think about that song every time I fly. As I’m flying to New York City today. It’s an exciting trip for me as I have never been to New York City. It’s also exciting, because we will be meeting Tiffany and Jeremy and two of our precious Grands; Ava and Landon. As an avid Historian, it’s exciting, because there is so much history there. So you could say I am definitely ready for takeoff today. My expectations are high for this trip. Now of course we went online and we bought tickets. We boarded the plane and even now are in the air flying to New York.

Speaking of flying...I am reminded of another song that I love by the Christian artist Chris Tomlin entitled “Heaven”. Just read some of the descriptions he writes about Heaven in this song. 

This world is not what it was meant to be
All this pain, all this suffering
There's a better place waiting for me
In Heaven
Every tear will be wiped away
Every sorrow and sin erased
We'll dance on seas of amazing grace
In Heaven, In Heaven

As you can see there are several reasons to be excited about my trip to Heaven. You could say my expectations are very high for that trip! As before, I’m sure you will understand...I’m very very excited about Heaven because I’ve never been there before...I will indeed be reunited with family members gone on before me (like my mom). Another reason for my joy is the Biblical descriptions of Heaven and the incredible discoveries I will make while I am there.

Jesus talked about Heaven in John 14: 1-6

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

There it is...did you catch it? You wanna take the ultimate flight...you wanna go to heaven...get in the Bible, punch your ticket by choosing Jesus to be your Way, your Truth and your Life! Rest in John 3:16 for a while, learn it, accept it, believe and you will truly then be ready for takeoff! And all God’s children said, Amen

With GospelMaxx you can increase member Evangelism, strengthen your online message, establish stronger participation, provide additional revenue for the Church, increase your membership, improve community relationships, and much, much more!

For more information on GospelMaxx please visit http://www.gospelmaxx.com or call (337) 396-8039.

No comments:

Post a Comment